Thursday, April 11, 2013

Rock out with your pipet out!

The last few weeks have been a bit of a struggle as I and my fellow lab mates try to push back the frontiers of science. A noble undertaking indeed! However every science warrior eventually starts to wear down and even the most chipper amongst us starts to sag a little bit at the corners of the mouth after the 8th hour of experiment preparation and mindless pipetting.

What's an enterprising and determined lab mouse to do you ask?

Let me introduce to you, Music(TM) the fix-it for all repetitive lab tasks! Enough with the tomfoolery, I've had my fun. In all seriousness, we've just gotten a dedicated computer and speakers for our BioSafety Lab 3 and I'm in music heaven. There's nothing like being in full PPE blasting music confident in the knowledge that you're completely alone and no one can hear you.

With that said, I present to you my BSL-3 playlist! I've handpicked these songs to provide a pick-me up when you most need it. Hopefully this will make the long hours fly by.

All the links I've posted will link to Spotify.

Enjoy!

Grimes – Genesis
Battles – Atlas
The Shins – Simple Song
M.I.A. – Bad Girls
Passion Pit – I'll Be Alright
Metric – Help I’m Alive (The Twelves Tabloid mix)
Sbtrkt – Wildfire (feat. Little Dragon)
Foster The People – Helena Beat
The Naked And Famous – Punching In A Dream
Electric Guest – This Head I Hold
Graffiti6 – Free
Hot Chip – Ready For The Floor
Passion Pit – Take A Walk
Peter Bjorn And John – Second Chance
The Naked And Famous – Young Blood
Passion Pit – Sleepyhead
Solange – Losing You
Kelis – Acapella
Crystal Castles VS Health – Crimewave
Die Antwoord – I Fink U Freeky
We Were Promised Jetpacks – Quiet Little Voices
Tegan And Sara – Closer
AWOLNATION – Kill Your Heroes
Sky Ferreira – Lost In My Bedroom
Sleigh Bells – Riot Rhythm
Cults – Abducted
Dum Dum Girls – Wrong Feels Right
Hot Chip – Motion Sickness

No comments: